Below is a list of services available to alumni, students, and employers from the USF Career Success Center.
Internships are full or part-time, credit or non-credit bearing, short-term, supervised, work experiences. They can be established on or off-campus and may be paid or unpaid. Faculty members, collaborating with an on-site supervisor, monitor and supervise student progress, detail content, and evaluate final achievement. Not included in the internship category are field work, practica, student teaching, clinical experiences, and independent study experiences.
Internships provide the opportunity for a student to integrate work and formal education with experts in his/her major field of study, to test the chosen career path, and to be involved in activities like those of full-time employees.
The University of St. Francis expects that the objectives of an internship be content based, skill related, academically substantive, value related, and integral to the students’ academic and career path. If you need assistance developing learning objectives that align with your Internship goals, please speak with your Faculty Supervisor.
Internship Learning Contract & Procedures
1. If planning to do an internship for academic credit, please meet with your Academic Advisor to learn more about potential credit hours and scheduling.
2. If a student needs assistance with internship leads or resume editing please visit the Career Success Center. To make an appointment, call 815-740-4295 or 815-740-3385, email email@example.com, or stop by N204.
3. After the student has been accepted by an employer as an intern, the student requests the Internship Learning Contract from the Career Success Center, or can download it on the portal or on the Career Success Center site at:
4. The student is responsible for completing the information required on the first page and verifying the employer has completed all necessary information required of the Internship Employer section.
5. When the above information is finalized, the assigned Faculty Supervisor reviews the front page for accuracy and then completes the Academic Course Credit Information section. It is important the ID number is listed, the number of credits and the course number information be filled out, if the internship will be awarded course credit. If you are completing an internship for non-credit but would like the experience to be indicated on your transcript please skip the Academic Course Credit Information section. Please note there is a $25 processing fee for non-credit internships.
6. After all signatures have been secured, the student takes the completed form to the Career Success Center and then to the Registrar’s Office for recording of the course number and credit hours to be officially enrolled for the internship credit.
7. After the student has been registered for the internship credit, the Learning Contract is forwarded to the Career Success Center by the appropriate deadline date either by the student or the Registrar’s office
8. In addition to the Faculty Supervisor making continual contact with the employer, the Career Success Center will reach out to the employer after the internship has started to introduce our department. The Career Success Center will also send a final communication to the employer after the internship has ended.
9. The student weekly log form as well as midterm and final evaluation forms links are listed below:
Free Job Board Links
To gain access to the job boards, including the job leads being recruited for at the Career Fair, please visit the following links in order to set up FREE accounts. NACElink and College Central Network are web based employment/internship job posting systems.
NACElink is a job board for our University of St. Francis students and alumni: https://stfrancis-csm.symplicity.com/students
College Central Network is a job board that reaches 25 small colleges/universities throughout Illinois as part of the Illinois Small College Placement Association (ISCPA): http://www.collegecentral.com/iscpa
OPTIMAL Resume: Create a Resume
Optimal Resume allows you to create an effective resume and provides samples, word banks and a variety of templates through a comprehensive, web-based application that helps job seekers create, present, and manage resumes. Each user can create and manage an unlimited number of resumes in their account, and the software includes spell checking, action words, and format assistance
How to Register
Click here https://stfrancis.optimalresume.com/login.php then click “create new account.” Complete profile questions. For the Access Code, please call 815-740-4295 or 815-740-3385.
Employment and Internship Support Specialist
815-740-4295 or 815-740-3385 | firstname.lastname@example.org