- The University of St. Francis is nationally accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- Faculty have extensive K-12 classroom and administrative experience and integrate leading-edge technology and model best practices so that learning is stimulating, engaging, and applicable to “real-world” classroom.
- Small class size allows for personal attention and assistance and a student-centered approach that fosters a community of learners. Each candidate is assigned at least one full-time faculty advisor.
- Candidates participate in developmental field experiences in local classrooms with close university supervision and support.
- The college has unique partnerships with, among others, Plainfield District 202, Joliet Township High School District 204, Joliet Public School District 86, and several area Catholic schools.
- The University of St. Francis is a member of the Joliet Professional Development School Partnership (JPDSP) in which candidates can participate in a variety of innovative field experiences and professional development opportunities.
- The College of Education has an excellent reputation with area schools that leads to USF teacher canidates being highly sought after for employment after graduation
Undergraduate Initial Programs
Graduate Initial Programs
Graduate Advanced Programs