To APPLY, or for additional information contact Dr. Stephen F. Midlock, Coordinator – Ed.D. Program in Educational Leadership firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Master’s Degree
- ISBE Type 75 Administrative Certification or the new Illinois Principals’ Endorsement, or another state equivalent Administrative Certification.
- Interview during which the candidate presents a professional portfolio demonstrating leadership success.
- Completion of paperwork required by the USF Admissions Office
- Preference given to candidates with administrative experience.
USF Ed.D. Requirements
- Successful completion of program assessment levels prerequisite to advancing to the next level of the program.
- Successful completion of all courses (60 credit hours beyond the Master’s Degree)
- Successful completion of an internship with a practicing school superintendent.
- Successful completion of the dissertation and its related approval process.
- Submission of the dissertation for publication.
- Presentation of the dissertation to the COE faculty.
- Successful completion of all course and program assessments.
- Passing the ISBE Superintendent Test #187.
ISBE Superintendent Certification Endorsement Requirements
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Completion of an Illinois program approved for the preparation of a superintendent’s certificate.
- Two years’ full-time administrative experience. *
- Passing the Superintendent Test #187 and the Test of Basic Skills (if not already passed.)
* Note: candidates not meeting the experience requirement can still earn the Ed.D. degree, but won’t earn the ISBE certificate endorsement until they acquire the required experience.