Visual Arts Education Major
Distinctive Program Features
- Multiple opportunities to work with elementary, middle, and high school students in a variety of settings.
- Methodology courses are paired with classroom teaching experiences.
- Warm, friendly course instructors are concerned about the students as individuals, and bring a combination of practical experience and research to their courses.
- Excellent reputation of high standards and collaboration in the community.
- Small, interactive, classes located at the Rialto Fine Arts Center.
Graduates are certified to teach elementary thru high school (K-12)
Students work in school classrooms over three semesters during their academic program for a total of approximately 777 hours of actual classroom experience in diverse settings.
- Students have two academic advisors to assist them in completing their programs and planning their careers.