Applicants to the post-MSN entry point are expected to meet the following admission requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited master’s degree program in nursing.
- International students must graduate from a nursing program that has undergone comparable review per AACN Essentials of Master’s Education for Advanced Nursing criteria and must score a minimum of 213 on the computer-based TOEFL.
- Transcript documentation of courses.
- A minimum graduate nursing cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a four-point scale or equivalent “B” average.
- Evidence of current advanced practice and/or registered nurse licensure in the State of Illinois (for students planning to complete the program in Illinois) or from an appropriate jurisdiction (for students intending to complete practice requirements outside the state of Illinois).
- An acceptable personal interviews with a graduate admissions counselor and the DNP Program Director.
- Basic computer competency as follows: Students should be able to use email with attachments, access online course materials and navigate WebCT or Blackboard courses, demonstrate intermediate competency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, be able to effectively use clinical simulation modules, have beginning competency with a statistical package preferably SPSS, or access to a resource who does, and be able to navigate the Web including access to online library materials, Breeze online real-time presentation, Nursing Blog, and similar sites.
- Current CPR certification
- Current HIPAA acknowledgement form
- Proof of immunity/immunization record
- Completed medical history and physical form
- Ten panel drug screen
- Criminal background check
- Professional nursing liability insurance
- One letter of recommendation from a professional colleague or former college/university nursing professor who can attest to academic and clinical acumen, with a statement about the applicant’s potential to successfully complete a doctor of nursing practice program.
- Completion of a three semester hour Graduate Level descriptive, inferential and multivariate statistics course
- Resume or curriculum vitae
There are two convenient ways to apply for the program:
Apply online for the DNP program
DNP program admission application (Adobe PDF file)
Please print, fill out, and mail the application to:
Office of Admissions
University of St. Francis
500 Wilcox St., Joliet, IL 60435
**Please include your non-refundable $50 application fee.
To answer any admission questions, please contact USF’s Admission Office at: