The University of St. Francis is committed to making quality, private higher education affordable.
- At USF, we provided our students with more than $14.9 million in USF gift assistance for academic, athletic and need-based awards during 2011-2012; students also received more than $5.8 million in gift assistance from federal, state and other sources
- During 2011-2012 the average gift assistance package for a freshman student living in residence was $20,351
- During 2011-2012 the average gift assistance package for a freshman student commuting to USF was $14,894
- Of the $3.3 million dollars to freshman students in gift assistance from all sources 80 percent came from USF sources
- Most freshman students qualify for federal, state and other assistance programs in combination with USF aid; in 2011-2012 this amounted to $2.1 million in additional funding
- University of St. Francis participates in all of the education programs administered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs including the new Yellow Ribbon GI Bill
- All students should apply using the Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
Scholarships and are awarded to freshman based upon their high school achievements. The scholarships listed below, require that students be accepted to the University of St. Francis and enrolled full time in a traditional undergraduate program.
- Most scholarships and grants are renewable annually (four-year award) based upon academic standing at the University of St. Francis or other stated scholarship guidelines.
- USF Scholars Award, Presidential, Trustee and Franciscan Fellows Award may not be combined.
- Contact your Admission counselor to determine your eligibility for a scholarship or grant.
From $20,000 up to full tuition – Scholarship competition available to selected students accepted to USF before Feb. 1. Competition will be held in February.
Maximum $14,000 annually (maximum $56,000 four-year value) – Minimum ACT score of 24. Award varies based on ACT and GPA composite score.
Maximum $11,000 annually (maximum $44,000 four-year value) – Minimum ACT score of 22. Award varies based on ACT and GPA composite score.
Franciscan Fellows Award
Maximum $9,000 annually (maximum $36,000 four-year value) – Minimum GPA of 2.51 Award varied based on GPA and ACT composite score.
Duns Scotus Fellow Scholarship (Honors Program)
Additional $1,000 plus 10 percent discount for on-campus housing. – Available to Presidential and Trustee recipients. Interview and application required.
Biology Fellows Scholarship
Additional $3,000 annually – Major in the natural sciences and meet at least two of the following criteria: 25 ACT or higher; top 20 percent class rank; 3.5 GPA or higher. Interview and application required.
USF Music Scholarship
$100 – $2,500 annually – Music Scholarships are available for students participating in the Schola Cantorum, the Singing Saints, and the Joliet Symphony Orchestra. Awards are given based on talent and financial need and an audition with the Music Department is required. Auditions are done during the Freshman Scholarship Competition or by appointment.
Catholic School Scholarship
$1,000 annually – Available to graduates of Catholic high schools.
Alumni Legacy Scholarship
Maximum $700 annually (maximum $2,800 four-year value) – Available to students who have parents, siblings, or grandparents that are considered alumni.
Awards vary – Athletic scholarships may be given in conjunction with academic scholarships.
USF Family Discount
5% of full-time traditional undergraduate tuition – Available for immediate family members when 2 or more students are registered full-time in a traditional undergraduate full-tuition rate program.
Based upon financial need as determined by FAFSA and USF awarding policy.