Computer Requirements for Online Courses
Computer Hardware Requirements
- Internet Access: High speed internet connection such as cable modem or DSL
- Processor: 2GHz processor
- Memory: 1GB RAM; 4 GB free hard drive space
- Some courses and/or assignments may require the use of a webcam.
- The learning management system is optimized for desktop displays; tablet and smartphone users should use the Mobile Apps.
Operating System Requirements
- PC: Windows XP SP3 and newer
- Mac: Mac OSX 10.6 and newer
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) 2010 or higher
Your web browser is the program (such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or your Internet Service Provider’s screen) that allows you to access the Internet.
Supported Browsers (as of March 6, 2014)
- Chrome 32 and 33
- Safari 6 and 7 (on the Mac)
- Firefox 26 and 27
Some features of the learning environment require the Flash plugin (if you want to use the audio/video recording or viewing features). The following Flash versions are supported.
NOTE: Using the newest version of browser is highly recommended