Additional Admission Requirements for Nursing
1. What are the requirements?
- 3.00 Cumulative G.P.A.
- 2.75 Nursing Science courses G.P.A. (comprised of Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, and Chemistry)
- C’s and above in Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Chemistry, and Statistics
- Only 1 Withdraw allowed in above courses
- “Nursing Readiness” will be determined by your Admissions Counselor
Students who are determined as “Nursing Ready” will be sent before the Nursing Admission Committee on specific dates each semester. In order to be eligible for review, a student must submit their transcripts and meet all admissions requirements, as well as pass the TEAS exam with a 68% or higher. Application Deadline: Rolling Admissions – however, priority will be placed on those that fulfill their application requirements early.
Reviews for nursing program:
- Fall Semester: November 1st
- Spring Semester: April 1st
All others will be reviewed on a case by case basis, pending space in Nursing program. Students deemed eligible but not accepted into the Nursing Program will be placed on a “wait-list” for the semester. Should an eligible candidate decide not to come to USF, a wait-listed student will be contacted for their seat in the program.
3. Is there an entrance exam?
Yes, we require all students who qualify for the program to take the Test of Essential Academic Skill (TEAS) Test. You can find more information about it here.
- Students should score a 68% and above (Version V) or 75% and above (Version 3.0/4.0)
- The exam may be taken twice
It is offered on USF’s campus on the following dates for Spring 2015:
- Wednesday, September 24th, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 22nd, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Thursday October 23rd, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 19th, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 3rd, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Monday, December 15th, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- It is suggested that you complete the exam during one of these dates to have the best opportunity to get into the Nursing program. More dates will be offered if you miss these.
- The fee for the exam is $40. Please bring cash or check (made out to USF) with you along with a photo ID. Limited seating is available, and you will need to reserve a spot for the exam by calling 815-740-2270 or by contacting your admissions counselor.
- You may purchase study materials at www.atitesting.com. There are two online practice assessments and a study guide book. You may also purchase a study package (all three items) at a discounted price.
4. Who determines admittance?
- All applicants are reviewed by the Leach College of Nursing
5. How long is the program?
- The Nursing Program is 2.5 years
- Classes are only offered in the Fall and Spring semesters, no Summer Nursing classes are available
6. How will I know if my classes transfer?
- We have transfer guides available for many Illinois Community Colleges and other select schools.
- To see if your school is listed click here