USF Sustainability: Working together to preserve and protect all of God's creations
To protect and conserve earth's natural resources and increase its longevity in order to preserve it for future generations
2012 Greening of Campus Updates
March 31, 2012
Here are two new flyers! Please download them for review!
- Glass and Plastic Bottles
- Aluminum and Tin Cans
- Cardboard Boxes (Must be broken down)
- White and Colored Paper
- Books (Hard and soft covered books)
- Magazines and Junk Mail
- Brochures & Pamphlets
- Coated Paper (shiny)
- Computer Printouts
- Carbonless Receipts
- Post-It Notes
- Manuals with Glue Bindings
- File Folders (with metal hangers)
- File Folders (with plastic tabs)
- Wire & Plastic Spirals
- Staples, Paper Clips and Clamps
- Rechargeable and Non-Rechargeable Batteries
- Computer Batteries
- Cell Phones
- Clothing, Shoes, Textiles, Linens, Fabrics etc.
- MP3 Players
- Ink and Laser Printers Cartridges
- Candy Wrappers
- Carbon Paper
- Carpet or Cloth
- Glass (if not a bottle or jar)
- Food soiled cardboard
- Food or any Organic Waste
- Plastic Bags and Saran Wrap
- Plastics (if they’re not a bottle)
- Plates or Dishes
- Used Paper Cups and Paper Plates
- Used Paper Towels
- Used Tissues
- Waxed Cardboard (milk)
- Waxed Paper
- Wet or Soiled paper
- Window Glass
- The numerous blue bins that can be found around campus
- Plasics, papers, glass, aluminum and tins
- "Drop Box" on the east side of the Motherhouse by Plainfield Road
- Clothes, textiles, shoes, blankets, towels and linen
- Underneath the stairs at St. Al's Hall
Ink and Toner Cartriges(Cartridge World)
Cartridge World collects inkjet and toner cartridges from USF and the university uses it as a fundraiser for the recycling program on campus. USF accepts all types of cartridges. Bins are located in St. Albert's Hall (near the stairs).
Here is how it works:
- Drop off your LaserJet cartridges in any of the two large plastic tubs located under the stairway in St. Albert's Hall - easy...
- Drop off your Inkjet cartridges in the only cardboard box located in the north corner of the stairway in St. Albert's Hall - Please use available plastic bags for these cartridges.
To learn more about Cartridge World, go to www.cartridgeworldusa.com. Lots of information about recycling cartridges and the benefits is available, as well as the location of stores and fundraising opportunities.
Cell Phones (Real EZ Fundraiser)
We are officially recycling cell phones with Real Ez Fundraiser. Recycling bins are located at Marian Hall Main Desk and Tower Hall Main Desk. These bins are for all old and discarded cell phones from students, faculty, and staff. The University will receive a refund on all phones.
USF Recycling Bins
USF has placed recyling bins through out the campus to encourage our students and faculty to recycle.html.