The University of St. Francis, a Catholic, Franciscan institution in Joliet, Illinois, is searching for an Applications Programmer in our Information Technology department.
USF offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs serving traditional-aged and adult students through a variety of learning formats. The university is located in a residential neighborhood about 35 miles southwest of Chicago, and offers excellent recreational opportunities with access to the rich resources of the Chicago area.
This is a full-time, 12-month administrative position, minimum 40 hour work week, typically Monday-Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work hours required, and may include holidays.
The Programmer Analyst is an entry level position that is primarily responsible for providing programming and analytical support for the university’s various enterprise systems, particularly the University Portal. Providing software coding enhancement to increase efficiency and/or customer service will be an important responsibility of this position. The Programmer Analyst will work as part of the Enterprise Application Development team. The Programmer Analyst provides programming support for university applications and initiatives within the department of Information and Administrative Services.
The Programmer Analyst is responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation across a wide technology scope to produce data-driven client-server and web based applications. This position formulates and defines project scope and objectives through research and fact-finding. It includes analysis and documentation of business processes and functional requirements. This position also responds to customer reports of problems, systems performance anomalies, and/or general inquiries.
- Enhance and support the University’s web portal, custom applications, and affiliated services
- Develop custom applications, reports, data feeds, and application integration services
- Ensure integrity of data and that reports are accurate and produced in a timely manner
- Maintains a broad knowledge of technology, equipment, and/or systems
- Provide support, training, and documentation to end users of departmental services; assist end users in problem resolution
- Perform within a self-managed team environment with flexibility necessary to achieve team based goals and objectives
- Work is performed in an office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards. Substantial time is spent working on a computer. This is sedentary work, which requires the following physical activities: sitting, walking, bending, stooping, finger dexterity, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. Will provide 24 hour on-call support; some work on weekends and holidays may be required.
- BA/BS degree or 2 years of Java programming experience within an IT related company
- Demonstrated proficiency in Java programming language
- Knowledge of object oriented methodologies, data modeling, and software design patterns
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form. This position requires the ability to interact positively, constructively and effectively with employees and professional staff. Must be a motivated individual with a positive and exceptional work ethic.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in an environment that is team directed requiring initiative and minimum supervision
- Possess superior organizational and communication skills combined with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to research and learn new technologies quickly and constantly
- Strong service orientation, ability to interact effectively and work productively with others, ability to set and adjust priorities, work under pressure, be thorough and accurate, follow tasks through to completion, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position
- Willingness to support the Catholic and Franciscan values of the university
- Working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and Oracle Based programming tools
- Experience with SVN or other version control systems
- Experience with SCT Banner
- Experience in working with Unix or Linux operating system
- Master degree in information technology or business related field
Must submit resume, USF online application form, cover letter outlining your experience, unofficial transcripts and a Hiring For Mission statement to email@example.com subject AP1, or to confidential fax: (815) 768-8374.
We accept electronic submissions only. Submissions without all of the required materials may not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome all persons. Minority persons and women are especially invited to apply. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Salary and other considerations will be competitive and consistent with the university’s commitment to recruiting the best-qualified individual. For further information on the university and our department, please visit https://www.stfrancis.edu/and http://doit.stfrancis.edu/.