The University of St. Francis, a Catholic, Franciscan institution in Joliet, Illinois invites applications for a Communications Specialist at our main campus in Joliet. This position is available immediately.
USF offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs serving traditional-aged and adult students through a variety of learning formats. The university is located in a residential neighborhood about 35 miles southwest of Chicago, and offers excellent recreational opportunities with access to the rich resources of the Chicago area.
This a full-time exempt position, Monday through Friday; some evenings and Saturdays required.
Assist in the creation and implementation of communications programs that effectively describe and promote the university and its programs, including print and promotional materials, social media and online communication. Oversee/track completion of projects, including events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with representatives of various USF departments/offices and University Relations colleagues to conceptualize, write content for, produce and disseminate communications projects
- Develop and maintain project calendars, communications plans and branding standards
- Work with all university areas to achieve goals for marketing, advertising, public relations, publications and print materials, electronic communications and promotions
- Assist in evaluating marketing and communications initiatives and recommend strategic adjustments
- Write press releases, special interest stories, video scripts and other pieces as assigned
- Serve as editor and proofer for office and university projects when requested
- Manage content for digital signs on campus
- Assist with monitoring USF’s websites and social media pages and providing/posting content as needed
- Support the university’s strategic plan in projects and messages
- Manage or attend special events as assigned
- Manages Strategic Plan projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Helps to foster a positive office work environment
- Participate in and promote a culture of continuing quality improvement
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum two to five years related experience
- Experience using graphic design software and concepts
- Proven writing skills and knowledge of Associated Press Style
- Willingness to support the Catholic and Franciscan values of the university
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position
- WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work is performed in an office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards. Substantial time is spent working on a computer. This is sedentary work which requires the following physical activities: sitting, walking, bending, stooping, finger dexterity, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
Submit resume, USF online application form; cover letter; unofficial transcripts and a Hiring For Mission statement to email@example.com subject CS or to confidential fax: (815) 768-8374.
We accept electronic submissions only. Submissions without all of the required materials may not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome all persons. Minority persons and women are especially invited to apply. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary and other considerations will be competitive and consistent with the university’s commitment to recruiting the best-qualified individual. For further information on the university and our department, please visit our web page.