The University of St. Francis, a Catholic, Franciscan institution in Joliet, Illinois, invites applications for a Security Desk Clerk for the evening shift at our main campus.
USF offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs serving traditional-aged and adult students through a variety of learning formats. The university is located in a residential neighborhood about 35 miles southwest of Chicago, and offers excellent recreational opportunities with access to the rich resources of the Chicago area.
This is a full-time, hourly position; 8-hour shifts from 2:30 PM until 11:00 PM Sunday through Thursday. Schedule will include some holidays. Department operates 24/7.
Under minimal supervision, operate security desks in campus buildings: greet visitors, secure IDs, route incoming telephone calls, dispatch security officers, monitor various cameras/alarms; and perform a variety of clerical duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow all department procedures
- Greet visitors to building, secure ID as required by department procedures
- Receive incoming phone calls to security desk; answer and direct calls to proper parties; dispatch USF security officer as needed.
- Serve as Emergency Call Box Operator for incoming calls, dispatch calls to security officers on duty, or make notification to responsible public safety agencies.
- Monitor security cameras and report suspicious activity to security officers on duty.
- When assigned to Tower, Recreation Center and residence hall buildings, verify ID of all entrants, and sign students and guests in/out of building.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- When assigned to residence hall buildings, make an effort to become familiar with the students who reside in the residence hall.
- Conduct oneself at all times, both on and off campus, in a manner that is consistent with the role and duties of a desk staff member and the mission and values of the University of St. Francis and the department, by complying with rules and regulations and acting as a positive role model.
- Remain well informed on all aspects of campus life, including University and residence hall policies, campus issues, and upcoming events and activities.
- Remain in good disciplinary standing with the University.
- Perform related administrative and clerical duties as required and assigned.
- Participate in and promote a culture of continuing quality improvement.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to deal firmly and courteously with the public
- Ability to analyze situations quickly and objectively, and to take proper courses of action
- Provision of a clear background check
- Willingness to support the Catholic and Franciscan values of the university
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position
- WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work is performed in an office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards. This is sedentary work, which requires the following physical activities: sitting, walking, bending, stooping, finger dexterity, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
- Customer-service experience
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret instructions
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to attend desk staff meetings as scheduled
Submit resume, USF online application form and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject SECD or to confidential fax: (815) 768-8374.
We accept electronic/fax applications only. Submissions without all of the required materials may not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome all persons. Minority persons and women are especially invited to apply. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Salary and other considerations will be competitive and consistent with the university’s commitment to recruiting the best-qualified individual. For further information on the university and our department, please visit our web page https://www.stfrancis.edu/student-services/campus-safety-security/