The University of St. Francis, a Catholic, Franciscan institution in Joliet, Illinois, is searching for a Volleyball Graduate Assistant in our athletic department.
USF offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs serving traditional-aged and adult students through a variety of learning formats. The university is located in a residential neighborhood about 35 miles southwest of Chicago, and offers excellent recreational opportunities with access to the rich resources of the Chicago area.
January 6th, 2014 – May31st, 2014, hours vary, but do include weekends, nights and holidays.
Tuition waiver available up to maximum of 5 courses in academic year (includes summer); $400 stipend/month.
Assist the head women’s volleyball coach in coaching and leading a model women’s volleyball program as they relate to academic commitment, supervision of staff and personnel, practice organization and instruction, match preparation and recruitment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate respect for the Catholic and Franciscan values of the university
- Demonstrate the ability to relate effectively to student-athletes, coaches, staff, administration and the University community
- Participate in and promote a culture of continuing quality improvement
- Assumption of coaching responsibilities related to the sport of women’s volleyball
- Assumption of administrative responsibilities related to the sport of women’s volleyball
- Assist with monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes
- Assist with the enforcement of team rules
- Assist with the planning, development and conducting of all in-season and off-season practices and conditioning sessions
- Ensure that proper safety guidelines and standards are maintained
- Coordinate certain strategy related to sport of women’s volleyball
- Perform recruitment activities, as assigned, in accordance with university and National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics rules
- Understand and support all athletic policies and regulations, as well as all philosophies, of the university, Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference and NAIA
- Understanding and support of the NAIA Champions of Character Coaches Code
- Represent the athletic department and university in a professional manner at various internal and external functions and in working with internal and external constituencies, including but not limited to the media and general public
- Perform other administrative duties within the department as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Accepted into a USF Master’s program with the exception of Albuquerque, NM campus
- Ability and willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Willingness to support the Catholic and Franciscan values of the University
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position
- WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work is performed in both an office setting and at athletic arenas with moderate exposure to varying weather conditions, but minimal health or safety hazards. Substantial time is spent working on a computer. This is sedentary work, which requires the following physical activities: sitting, walking, bending, stooping, finger dexterity, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. Travel is required. Hours of work include some nights, weekends and may include working up to 12 hours a day.
- One year of volleyball coaching experience
Must submit cover letter, resume, USF online application form, and unofficial transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org subject V-GA or to confidential fax: (815) 768-8374.
We accept electronic/fax submissions only. Submissions without all of the required materials may not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome all persons. Minority persons and women are especially invited to apply. Primary review date begins immediately, but applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. For further information on the university, please visit our homepage www.gofightingsaints.com