For information on the full Pre-K through Age 21 Endorsement or Master’s Degree visit Pre-K through Age 21 LBS1.
Interested in starting a LBS1 Grade-Range Specific Endorsement cohort in your school/district?
Please contact Bill Freeman, Director of REAL, at 815-740-3667 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To register, select any of the active blue date links below. You must register for each course separately.
The following course MAY be required – please see the ALERT at the bottom of this page for details
EEND 605 (online): Survey of the Exceptional Person (3 hours)
SPRING: March 16 – May 8 | online
ISBE requirements for adding a special education endorsement at the grade levels of your current license include
1. Survey of Exceptional individuals/students (may have been taken in your undergraduate program) see ALERT below
2. Diagnosis of and the characteristics of children with all the disabilities encompassed by the LBS1 credential, REAL course EEND 640, Development and Characteristics of Individuals with Special Needs
3. Methods appropriate for teaching children with all the disabilities encompassed by the LBS1 credentia, and REAL course EEND 644, Specialized Curriculum and Methods in Special Education
4. Adaptations or modifications of the general curriculum to meet the needs of students with the disabilities encompassed by the LBS1 credential REAL course EEND 642 Assessment and Diagnosis in Special Education
5. Pass Content Test #155 – Learning Behavior Specialist 1
ALERT: To earn the LBS1 Grade-Range specific endorsement for Special Education it is required that candidates successfully complete 4 courses as well as the LBS1 State Exam. The first of the 4 courses is traditionally completed at the undergraduate level under the title, “Survey of the Exceptional Child.” These courses do not meet the Early Childhood Special Education Approval.
CLICK HERE for additional information about transcript review and entitlement