- Only staff and faculty members may request transportation.
- To access the Transportation Request Form on the USF portal, Click here to access the form.
- You must give two weeks’ notice for all transportation requests. Any trips requested within two weeks of the travel date may be denied or charged to the requesting group.
- A group advisor must be present on every trip.
- The university will provide transportation for athletic teams, educational trips, alumni outings, recognized clubs and possibly other properly supervised student groups.
- Transportation is available on a first come, first serve basis.
- The Transportation Department provides all vehicles. In the case that there are no USF owned vehicles available, a charter or rental can be procured by the Transportation Department.
- Honoring a request for a driver is based upon driver availability.
- Drivers must be pre-approved as registered drivers by the University Insurance Company. All drivers must be at least 21 years of age.
- All policies apply to University owned vehicles as well as rental vehicles.
Undergraduate students are allowed to drive provided they meet all of the following criteria.
- A copy of a valid Driver’s License is on file.
- A copy of their insurance verification is on file.
- The group advisor must be present in the vehicle at all times the student is driving.
- He/she is 21 years old.
- They have signed a waiver to allow the University to conduct a motor vehicle record check, and this check may present reason for the University to disqualify this student as a driver. Please allow two weeks to process.
- The Transportation Department has a set of trip guidelines for both miles and time. The standard will be approximately 300 miles or a time of six hours. A charter will have to be considered for anything over these parameters. Any trip over these standards will require a meeting with the Director of Safety, Security & Transportation.
- Travel to and from the visiting site is prohibited in inclement weather conditions as defined by the State Police or National Weather Service. Drivers should always check weather conditions before travel occurs.
- Driving is prohibited between the hours of 11:30pm and 5:30am unless otherwise cleared with the Director of Safety, Security & Transportation.
- All rules of the road must be followed at all times.
- Drivers must not exceed established speed limits during their travel.
- University policy is absolutely NO cell phone or other electronic device usage while driving, including hands-free devices.
- All tickets are the responsibility of the driver, not the University, and may affect future driving status.
- The driver is responsible to ensure all passengers are wearing seatbelts before the vehicle is moving.
- The driver is responsible for his/her behavior at all times, the group advisor is responsible for all behavior and representation of the University at all times during the trip.
Any exceptions to any of the above policies must be approved by the Director of Safety, Security & Transportation in writing.