At the University of St. Francis, an academic advisor is available to every student who is seeking a degree. And so, academic advising becomes an on-going dialog between the advisor and student as the student pursues his or her journey of education and independence.
- Coordinates new student academic advising and registration for all graduate and undergraduate students.
- Provides timely support and service in collaboration with admissions to new students, including evaluation of credits for transfer students, academic degree plans, program information, etc.
- Provides direction and academic advising to students undecided about their major or seeking to change their major.
- Serves as support to faculty in advising students.
- Coordinates articulation with community colleges for transfer student agreements and guides.
- Serves as an ombudsman to all students.
- Coordinates the Prior Learning Assessment Program for students seeking credit for learning experiences outside of the classroom.