The Academic Resource Center (ARC) offers a variety of opportunities and academic support services to help students to reach their potential and achieve their goals. Programs and services are available to enhance learning, improve skills and promote success in courses. In the center, students will find computers, study aids, study tables, comfortable spots for reading and friendly people to offer individualized help. Tutoring in a variety of subjects is available from students, faculty members or professional staff.
Support for USF distance education students is happily provided by telephone and e-mail.
ARC offers students:
- New techniques for learning
- Exam preparation assistance
- Study aid
- Test preparation
- Workshops on time management, note-taking, learning styles, dosage calculations and memory techniques
- Learning Strategies
- Study Habits
- Test Taking
- Test Anxiety
Students may receive one-on-one assessment of learning strategies and coaching in study skills by making an appointment.
Office of Disability Services
Students whose disabilitiesrequire academic support can find appropriate resources in the Academic Resource Center. The following assistance is provided for students whose disabilities require these supports:
- Proctored tests for special, alternative or extended-time testing situations
- Voice recognition computer software
- Talking word processor
- Software that scans material and reads aloud
- Consultation on learning strategies that compensate for the disability