Contact Campus Safety & Security
- General Campus Safety & Security Phone Number – 815-740-3200
- Tom Uraski, Director Safety,Security & Transportaion – 815-740-6222
The Safety & Security Department is responsible for the reporting of all campus crimes in compliance with the Student Right-To-Know Act. Campus Safety & Security is located in Tower Hall and is staffed by full-time professional security personnel, augmented by part-time student personnel.
Safety and Security officers patrol the campus 24 hours a day/365 days a year and have a central dispatch that coordinates all emergency and non-emergency requests for service. The Safety & Security Department also safeguards the campus through the use video surveillance.
Rights and privileges of safety and security officers
Safety and Security officers are an unarmed informational force and have jurisdiction in all areas of campus. They are in direct communication with the Joliet Police and Fire Departments and call upon their assistance when needed.
Safety & Security officers may enter all university buildings including residence halls at any time while on duty and may call for the detainment of trespassers or persons involved in criminal activities.
- The switchboard is accessible 24 hours a day / 365 days a year. It includes services such as university operator, dispatch, alarm monitoring and other communication capabilities.
- In addition to professional safety and security officers, the department maintains a force of student officers who wear blue uniforms and carry two-way radios. Their assignments include routing patrol duties of buildings and grounds and various traffic details.
- House telephones located in the common areas of campus buildings that may be used to report emergencies. Please dial the switchboard operator giving the nature and location of the emergency.
- The Safety & Security Department maintains a depository for lost and found items. To turn in or retrieve an item, please contact the Safety & Security Office during normal business hours.
- All students and employees are required to get and carry a University of St. Francis identification card from the Student Services department. The card must be presented at the college dining center and at the library when borrowing books. Safety and Security officers may at any time require that the identification care be shown.
- Campus lockers may be obtained from the Safety and Security Department. Lockers are available on first floor of Tower Hall in the Commuter Student Lounge.