How do I apply to USF? What are the admission requirements?
As an international student you need to follow the admission guidelines to get accepted at USF. Please visit undergraduate international students link or graduate international students link for more information. If you have any additional questions, please contact us We are more than happy to assist you.


How do I apply for a visa?
All accepted international students need to apply for a visa to attend school in the United States. Steps that you need to follow to get a visa are listed here. If you have any additional questions, please contact us. We are more than happy to assist you.


What can I study?
USF provides students the opportunity to pursue four year bachelor’s degrees in over 40 different majors as well as select graduate degree programs, all in an intimate class setting. For more information on academic programs click here, and for graduate programs Click Here.


How much do I have to pay for attending school for one year (total cost)?
Click here for the total cost of attending the University of St. Francis for undergraduate and graduate students including housing. For more information on the actual cost, please contact us. We are more than happy to assist you.


Can an international student apply for scholarships?
International students have an opportunity to apply for many scholarships at USF. Many scholarships are available for both Freshman and Transfer international students. You can qualify for up to $14,000 academic scholarship as a freshman and up to $12,500 as a transfer student! Athletic scholarships are also available in addition to the academic scholarships.


Can I work in the United States if I am an international student?
International students are allowed to work on campus while they are studying in the United States. If you want to work off campus, you need to be on F-1 visa status for at least one year and apply for off campus employment authorization. For more information about employment, please click here.


Is the campus safe?
Safety is one of the most important concerns for University of St. Francis in Joliet. On-campus Safety and Security protects USF students 24 hours a day.


How does an international student register for classes?
Every international student needs to register for classes with his or her academic advisor before each semester starts. All international students must register for at least 12 credit hours each semester. Since being accepted, an international student knows his or her academic advisor. For more information about academic advising and registering, contact the International Programs office.


Where can I live while attending college?
All international students can decide where they would like to stay while attending USF. Housing is available in three different locations on campus: Marian Hall, Tower Hall, or Motherhouse. There are also other options for staying off campus. Fore more information Click here.