Joliet, Ill. – The University of St. Francis will host an American Red Cross blood drive on Monday, July 20, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Assembly Hall Gym at the St. Clare Campus, which is located at 1550 Plainfield Road in Joliet.
For an appointment, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org. Donors can save up to 15 minutes when donating blood by using RapidPass! Visit redcrossblood.org/RapidPass for more information.
Donors can anticipate the following precautions when arriving to the donation site:
- Checking temperatures of staff and donors before entering a drive to make sure they are healthy.
- Providing hand sanitizer for use before entering the drives, as well as throughout the donation process.
- Following social distancing between donors including entry, donation and refreshment areas.
- Ensuring face masks or coverings are worn by both staff and donors. Masks will be provided for all donors who do not bring their own face coverings.
- Routinely disinfecting surfaces, equipment and donor touched areas.
- Wearing gloves, and changing gloves often.
- Using sterile collection sets and antiseptic scrub for every donation.
For more information, please visit redcrossblood.org.
Currently celebrating 100 years of higher education rooted in Franciscan values, the University of St. Francis, in Joliet, Ill., serves close to 4,000 students nationwide and offers undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and certificate programs in the arts and sciences, business, education, nursing and social work. There are over 50,000 USF alumni across the globe. For information, call 800-735-7500 or visit stfrancis.edu.
University of St. Francis: Bigger thinking. Brighter purpose.
# # #c