The Professional Graduate Certificate in Gerontology provides students the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of elderly individuals and their families.
USF’s professional Graduate Certificate in Gerontology allows students who already have a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or experience to obtain a greater understanding of gerontology theory and research.
Entry to the certificate is easy. Admission to the gerontology certificate program does not require the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), or any other graduate school entrance examination.
Courses help students develop skills that will give them the competency they need to be marketable and to make a difference in today’s multicultural world.
Gerontology Certificate (15 semester hours)
- Social Work Practice with Mature Adults
SWRK 657 | Online | 3 credits
- Systemic Approach to Services for Older Veterans and their Families
SWRK 658 | Online | 3 credits
- Evidence-Based Social Work Practice with Mature Adults
SWRK 713 | Online | 3 credits
- Resilience in Mature Adults from a Multicultural Perspective
SWRK 715 | Online | 3 credits
- Late Life Transitions and Community Resources
SWRK 717 | In person | 3 credits