Apply for the Marie Zielinski Memorial Scholarship
Requirements for Applicants:
- A completed Application form (hyperlink on web site)
- Proof of U.S. citizenship such as certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state of
- Proof of legal residency such as copy of Illinois driver’s license or utility or rent bills in the
applicant’s (or parent’s) name
- A copy of applicant’s high school or college transcript from the most recently completed
- Completed Marie Zielinski Memorial Scholarship Application Form (two pages plus answers to
- Two letters of reference (in sealed envelopes) from a non-related adult, such as a coach,
teacher, employer, or clergy member.
- Physician’s Statement – A letter, from your attending physician (on letterhead) verifying your cancer type, date of diagnosis, medical history and current medical situation. [Medical information will be kept confidential and will only be utilized to support the qualification of consideration for the scholarship.
All documents must be returned by March 22 to:
The Marie Zielinski Memorial Scholarship
University of St. Francis – Advancement Office
500 Wilcox Street
Joliet, IL 60435
Selection and Award Process
This scholarship will be awarded to the student(s) who meet the eligibility criteria and who best
fits the scholarship’s vision. After applications are received and reviewed and the scholarship
recipients have been determined, letters will be sent to recipients notifying them of their award.
All monies for tuition, fees, books, and room and board will be paid directly to the school. Those
not awarded scholarships will be notified by letter.
The following criteria will be considered during the selection process (the more criteria the
applicant meets, the more likely they will be given a scholarship:
- Major – preference will be given to Special Education, education, and art majors.
- Answers to application questions.
- Experience with cancer