Frequently Asked Questions—Current Students

Housing Sign-Up Questions

I want to report a maintenance or technology issue in my room. How do I do that?

Please see your resident assistant or the front desk of your building. When you go to talk with him or her, bring specific information about what the problem is including which side of the room the problem is on. If you have reported the issue but are not hearing back please contact your area coordinator.

I live in Marian but want a single in Tower or Motherhouse. How can I get that?
Students are first able to sign up for their same room. Then, based on the number of credits they have starting with graduate students and seniors, they are able to pick from a list of open rooms. To get a single in Tower or Motherhouse it is important to sign on to the housing system right away on the date and time you are assigned and see what option are out there. If you do not get the room you want, the Residence Education department keeps a waiting list and should be able to work with you to get a single room.

I want to move to a new room, but if I cannot I want my same room. How can I do that?

You can only sign up for a room in the system one time. So, you would need to sign up for your same room and then contact the Residence Education department and request the new room and they will work to see what they can find for you during your designated sign up time. Or you can risk it and wait for your designated time and try to sign up for the new space, but then if it is not available, sign up for your current room if it is still open.

What if I want to see a different type of room before room sign up to see if I like it?

You can contact a resident assistant or the Residence Education department to set up a time to see all types of rooms. Or, check out layouts on the residence halls webpage, available by clicking on the blue link at left.

What if I sign up for a double, triple, suite or apartment but don’t have any roommates picked out?

The other spaces in a double, triple, suite, or apartment are open for other current residents to sign up. If they are vacant after returning room sign up, the Residence Education department may assign a new transfer or international student to the space.

Can I reserve a room with a roommate who had a different sign up time than I do?

If you have a preferred roommate, you will have the opportunity to sign that person up when your time and date to sign up is, if they have given you permission to do so. To reserve the space for your roommate, you must have their 800 number and room reservation PIN. (This number is listed on the portal. Your PIN will also be listed in your room assignment letter.) If you sign another person up as your roommate, he or she will receive a prompt in his or her MyUSF account to pay the $50 housing deposit online via credit/debit card OR in the Business Office within 24 business hours.

Do I have to have the $50 when I sign up?

It is important you contact the Residence Education if you have concerns about paying your deposit.

I want my own bathroom. How can I make sure I get that?

Rooms that are labeled apartments or suites have a bathroom private to that room or one other room. Look for that label when you are signing up for a room.