Joliet, Ill. – How many times has someone suggested to you, “You should be a teacher!” If people see you as a natural leader with the special ability to understand, communicate and work with young people, an M.Ed. with Illinois Professional Educator Licensure from the University of St. Francis (USF) will give you true fulfillment. All you need is a bachelor’s degree in any field and the desire to pursue a teaching career in one of the following areas:
- Elementary Education (1-6);
- Middle Grades Education: General Science, Language Arts, Mathematics or Social Science (5-8);
- Secondary Education: Biology/Science, English/Language Arts, History/Social Sciences or Mathematics (9-12);
- Special Education (K-Age 21), and;
- Visual Arts Education (K-12).
“Starting in fall of 2020, the M.Ed. program will be delivered through convenient evening hybrid classes (which blends online and face-to-face learning) and fully online classes, which means you can work during the day and study at night. With continuous enrollment, you can complete the program in just under two years. Also, because USF is committed to placing talented people like you in classrooms, a discounted rate of $475 per credit hour is being offered—that’s more than 35% off USF’s regular graduate student tuition rate,” said Maggie Stevenson, graduate admissions counselor at USF.
- The University of St. Francis is accredited by both the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org) and the Illinois Board of Higher Education (ibhe.org). College of Education programs are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (ncate.org) and approved by the Illinois State Board of Education (isbe.net).
- USF’s College of Education (COE) provides one of the best teacher education programs in the state.
- Due to newly revised state requirements, COE is eliminating its basic skills test requirement, making the application process easier.
- Small classes provide a student-centered learning environment, led by faculty with extensive experience who integrate leading-edge technology and model best practices.
- Each student is guided by a full-time advisor and gets field experience through the duration of the program with support and supervision from COE.
- 100% of COE students in Elementary, Secondary, Special and Visual Arts Education were hired to teach in the academic year immediately following their graduation.
Currently celebrating 100 years of higher education rooted in Franciscan values, the University of St. Francis, in Joliet, Ill., serves close to 4,000 students nationwide and offers undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and certificate programs in the arts and sciences, business, education, nursing and social work. There are over 50,000 USF alumni across the globe. For information, call 800-735-7500 or visit stfrancis.edu.
University of St. Francis: Bigger thinking. Brighter purpose.
# # #