St. Clare Campus is home to Guardian Angel Hall– a large, brick building that sits atop the hill like a castle at the corner of Plainfield Road and Theodore Street in Joliet. The historic structure was built by the Sisters of St. Francis of Mary Immaculate in 1925. It gave the Sisters a place to help and house orphaned, abused or troubled children for nearly 90 years. The University of St. Francis purchased the building, renovated it, and opened its doors to students in 2016. It now mainly serves students in the Leach College of Nursing (LCON), giving them simulation spaces, classrooms and labs, and other stellar, state-of-the-art learning facilities. The building also houses some of the university’s ancillary offices.