View USF Facts & Figures including statistical information and data about the University of St. Francis in Joliet, Illinois. Information includes financial aid, student demographics, athletics, clubs & organizations, faculty, enrollment, technology, career success, alumni, scholarships, mission & faith, tuition & housing and more. You can view this information in the infographic below, review key stats in the expandable accordion beneath it, or download the complete brochure.
- Total Enrollment: 3,426
- On-Campus Enrollment 1,585
(Undergrad 1,316, Graduate Students 269)
- Off-Campus Enrollment 1,841
(Adult Undergraduate 256, Graduate Students 1,585)
Student Body (traditional undergraduate students)
- 67% Women/33% Men
- Race: 52% White; 26% Hispanic/ Latino; 9% African-American; 4% Asian-American; 9% other/international/unknown
- Religious Denomination: 46% Catholic; 23% Other Christian; 31% other/unknown/none
- Residence Status: 20% of undergraduate students and 38% of freshmen live on campus
- Beds: 451 (Includes singles, doubles, suites, apartments in three residence halls.)
- 91 full-time; 199 part-time faculty members
- 76% of full-time faculty members have terminal degrees
- Average Class Size: 14.4 students
Tuition & Housing
- Tuition & Mandatory Fees: $35,000
- Adult Undergraduate, Graduate, Doctoral and Certificate Program Cost:
From $399 to $798 per credit hour
- Housing Fees for Double Occupancy, Including Full-Year Meal Plan:
Marian Hall $11,430; Tower Hall $10,620; Motherhouse $11,580
- 88 scholarships and grants for students.
- Freshman scholarships up to full tuition annually.
- Transfer scholarships up to $11,000 annually.
- Phi Theta Kappa scholarships up to $13,000 annually.
- 100% of incoming freshmen received some financial assistance.
- $23 million total in St. Francis scholarships and grants.
- $6.8 million in student support from federal, state and other sources for freshmen & transfers in 2020–21.
- Average freshman gift assistance package:
$29,574 residents/$23,608 commuters
- Average transfer assistance package:
$24,402 residents/$17,367 commuters
Mission & Faith
- Roman Catholic; Animated by Franciscan charism.
- Patron saints are Saints Francis and Clare of Assisi.
- University Ministry Office offers Sunday and weekday liturgies, prayer opportunities, multi-faith activities, service/mission experiences and retreats.
- Peer Ministers & multicultural assistants engage fellow students with opportunities to build community and develop lives of faith and service.