View statistical information and data about the University of St. Francis, Joliet, IL. Information includes financial aid, student demographics, athletics, clubs & organizations, faculty, enrollment, technology, career success, alumni, scholarships, mission & faith, and tuition & housing. You can view this information in the info-graphic below, download the complete pdf, or view top highlights.
- Total Enrollment: 3,778
- On-Campus Enrollment 1,812
(Undergrad 1,542, Graduate Students 270)
- Off-Campus Enrollment 1,966
(Adult Undergraduate 204, Graduate Students 1,762)
Student Body (traditional undergraduate students)
- 64% Women/36% Men
- Race: 55% White; 24% Hispanic/ Latino; 9% African-American; 3% Asian-American; 8% other/international/unknown
- Religious Denomination: 46% Catholic; 25% Other Christian; 29% other/unknown/none
- Residence Status: 26% of undergraduate students and 46% of freshmen live on campus
- Beds: 451 (Includes singles, doubles, suites, apartments in three residence halls.)
- 99 full-time; 204 part-time faculty members
- 75% of full-time faculty members have terminal degrees
- Average Class Size: 17.8 students
Tuition & Housing
- Tuition & Mandatory Fees: $34,000
- Adult Undergraduate, Graduate, Doctoral and Certificate Program Cost:
From $399 to $798 per credit hour
- Housing Fees for Double Occupancy, Including Full-Year Meal Plan:
Marian Hall $10,230; Tower Hall $9,430; Motherhouse $10,370
- 88 scholarships and grants for students.
- Freshman scholarships up to full tuition annually.
- Transfer scholarships up to $23,000 annually.
- Phi Theta Kappa scholarships up to $16,000 annually.
- 100% of incoming freshmen received some financial assistance.
- $19.5 million total in St. Francis scholarships and grants.
- $6.4 million in student support from federal, state and other sources for freshmen & transfers in 2018–19.
- Average freshman gift assistance package:
$26,684 residents/$22,006 commuters
- Average transfer assistance package:
$24,302 residents/$15,653 commuters
Mission & Faith
- Roman Catholic; Animated by Franciscan charism.
- Patron saints are Saints Francis and Clare of Assisi.
- University Ministry Office offers Sunday and weekday liturgies, prayer opportunities, multi-faith activities, service/mission experiences and retreats.
- Peer Ministers engage fellow students with opportunities to build community and develop lives of faith and service.