USF’s School of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), the leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating and rewarding teaching excellence. Accreditation is evidence of USF’s commitment to teaching excellence, best practices and continuous improvement of programs. There are about 2,400 U.S. institutions of higher education that have business-related curricula. Only 300 have successfully achieved ACBSP accreditation.
To comply with ACBSP accreditation standards, USF publishes a quality assurance report. This PDF document outlines student outcomes, performance indicators and faculty qualifications.
The University of St. Francis is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Click here to learn more about university accreditations.
Welcome to the College of Business & Health Administration at the University of St. Francis where we strive to instill a sense of vocation and virtue in all our students. Professional work is a witness to the worth of the human person – and not just some mercenary pursuit. Not only is it a way to provide for oneself and one’s family, it provides a chance to develop one’s own personality and creates a bond of union with others. It is also a way of helping in the improvement of the society we live in and of promoting the progress of the whole human race. As Pope Francis says in his recent encyclical, Glory Be To You (Laudato Si), Christ (in that he worked as a carpenter) sanctified human labor and endowed it with a special significance for our development (para. 99).
We take pride in developing responsible business and healthcare leaders who aspire to create meaningful change in their fields. Our graduates are in positions of leadership throughout the United States and beyond.
We offer online and onsite instruction with small class sizes and personalized experience within an academically rigorous, innovative, and practical curriculum. We serve adult students, veterans and traditional-aged students through various programs. There are many schools to choose from for an education. Here are several reasons you might want to consider joining our community of learners.
1. Employment: The great majority of individuals attaining a degree from majors within the College of Business & Health Administration will go on to productive careers. We have alumni who succeed in
large and small companies and increasingly start their own companies. We have alumni at the forefront of the healthcare industry. We offer a variety of internships in various career fields as well.
2. Accredited: The School of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council on Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), a leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating and rewarding teaching excellence. The University of St. Francis is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
3. Acknowledged: USF is ranked among the best universities in the nation by U.S. News & World Report and the Princeton Review as well as identified as a College of Distinction. The university is in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report’s edition of “America’s Best Colleges,” and is also one of the best colleges in the Princeton Review’s “Best Colleges: Region by Region.”
4. Student Experience: College of Business & Health Administration students travel and study abroad, perform service learning activities, work in top tier professional firms, hospitals and corporations and are active participants in their communities around the country.
5. Personal Experience: Students in our onsite and online programs get to know their instructors, their classmates and the “St. Francis Experience.”
Dr. Orlando Griego
Dean, College of Business & Health Administration
The College of Business and Health Administration prepares professionally competent and ethically responsible graduates for management and professional positions in business or health related fields. The College emphasizes excellence in teaching, supportive interactions with students, and a broad base of theoretical and practical knowledge. Faculty include both full-time and adjunct faculty who are professionals with expertise in the courses they teach. In addition, we are committed to continuous quality improvement, applied scholarly contribution, and assisting the business and health care communities.
Convenience and Cost Savings with COBHA’s“3 to Degree” Program
COBHA’s “3 to Degree program” allows current undergraduate students to seamlessly complete a BBA/B.S. degree and an MBA or M.S. degree in five years. This program is designed for students to take up to nine graduate credit hours that count towards both their undergraduate and graduate degrees, saving approximately $7,500 in tuition costs. Learn more here.
USF Business Students Excel
It’s a David vs. Goliath story for our students measuring up against the world’s best and brightest. Each semester, USF business students compete in a capstone “business simulation” modeling course and consistently perform well against institutions from across the country. USF students have successfully competed against teams from business programs like Notre Dame, Indiana University, DePaul, Duke, Penn State, Vanderbilt, Rutgers, BYU, Pepperdine, Michigan State and several international schools in India and Dubai.
The college is divided into three key programmatic areas:
The School of Business programs for undergraduates and graduates are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, a leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating and rewarding teaching excellence.
The School of Health Administration is a member of The Association of University Programs in Health Administration, a global network of colleges, universities, faculty, individuals and organizations dedicated to the improvement of health care delivery through excellence in health care management and policy education. For more information on School of Health Administration programs, contact Dr. Michael Stowe, chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-740-3606.
The School of Professional Studies provides flexible programs for busy people like you featuring tracks in training and development in human resource management, business and health administration, and e-learning. For more information on School of Professional Studies programs, contact Dr. Bonnie Covelli, chair, at email@example.com or 815-740-5071.
The 100% online programs are designed for adult students who transfer to USF with college courses or previous degrees in order to complete a bachelor’s degree.
- Management and Leadership
- Managing Human Resources
- Transportation and Logistics
Master of Business Administration (MBA) – online and on-campus
- Business Analytics
- Health Administration
- Human Resource Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Training and Development
M.S. in Management – online only
M.S. in Training & Development – online only
- Management of Training & Development
- Health Administration
- Business Administration
- Instructional Design in Online Learning
- Human Resource Management
- Data Science in Healthcare
- Leadership in Healthcare (Self-Design)
- Management of Long-Term Care
- Population Health
- Quality Improvement in Health Care
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) to M.S. in Health Administration (MSHA), M.S. in Management (MSM), M.S. in Training and Development (MSTD) or Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- M.S. in Health Administration (MSHA) to Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- M.S. in Training and Development (MSTD) to Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- M.S. in Management (MSM) to Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) to M.S. in Training and Development (MSTD)
- M.S. in Health Administration (MSHA) to M.S. in Training and Development (MSTD)