The University of St. Francis is committed to making quality, private higher education affordable.
We want talented students, and we support you...
- At USF last year, we provided our full-time undergraduate students with over $19 million in USF financial assistance with academic, athletic and need-based awards.
- Our students also received more than $5.4 million in assistance from federal, state and other sources.
- Our average financial aid assistance package, from all sources, for a full-time transfer student was $16,197.
- It adds up: Most full-time transfer students qualify for federal, state and other assistance programs in combination with USF aid.
Veterans & Their Families Are Welcome!
USF participates in all of the Veterans Administration Education Programs:
- Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill)
- Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation)
- Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill—including Yellow Ribbon)
- Chapter 35 (Dependents Educational Assistance Program
- Chapter 1606 (Reserve Education Assistance Program)
- Chapter 32 (Post Vietnam ERA GI Bill)
Scholarships & Grants
Duns Scotus Fellow Scholarship (Honors Program)
- Additional $1,000 – interview and application required.
- For future math and science teachers
Science Fellows Scholarship
- $3,000 annually – awarded to select students majoring in the natural sciences with a minimum 3.25 GPA. Interview and application required.
Catholic Community College Transfer Scholarship
- $1,000 annually – available to incoming transfer students who transfer from a Catholic College with an AA or AS degree.
Alumni Legacy Scholarship
- $300-$700 annually – for relatives of alumni.
Leach Endowed Scholarship
- Awards vary – for nursing majors with demonstrated financial need.
- Awards vary – athletic scholarships may be given in conjunction with academic scholarships.
USF Music Scholarship
- $100 -$2,500 annually – music scholarships are available for students participating in the Schola Cantorum, the Singing Saints, and the Joliet Symphony Orchestra.
- Awards are given based on talent and financial need, and an audition with the Music & Performing Arts Department is required. Auditions are done during the Freshman Scholarship Competition or by appointment.
- Based upon financial need as determined by FAFSA and USF awarding policy.
USF Family Discount
- 5% of full-time traditional undergraduate tuition
- Available for immediate family members when two or more students are registered full-time in a traditional undergraduate full-tuition rate program.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
- $13,000 annually (and a $1,000 on-campus housing grant!) – you must be a member of PTK National Community College Honor Society.
- $7,000 annually (2.5 – 2.99 GPA) and a $400 on-campus housing grant
- $9,000 annually (3.0 – 3.49 GPA) and a $600 on-campus housing grant
- $11,000 annually (3.50- 4.00 GPA) and a $800 on-campus housing grant
Private Illinois Colleges and Universities (PICU) Scholarship
- $500-$1,000 one-time scholarship
- Student must be enrolled in an Illinois community college, complete a minimum of 30 credit hours, have a 3.0 GPA and enroll in one of the 48 PICU member institutions.
- Offered every semester.
- For more details, visit picuonline.org/scholarships.