“The University of St. Francis is committed to building an inclusive community that inspires acceptance, compassion, respect, and wisdom in understanding the multicultural richness of our society. We value the role of pursuing diversity through achieving flexibility of thinking, respect for differences, moral courage, and appreciation for common ground.”
The Office of Institutional Diversity incorporates the Franciscan values of respect, compassion, service, and integrity into its work and the programs that are delivered on campus. Our goal is to create a hospitable campus climate espousing the celebration of all students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
Catholic social teaching holds that each person has a unique dignity of every human being as created by God for God. Out of our sincere desire to grow in faith and to love God, all Christians are called to love our neighbors and seek their good.
The Office of Institutional Diversity focuses on the following areas:
- Develop and implement comprehensive educational, social, and service learning programs and opportunities that promote and enhance cross-cultural competence.
- Provide advocacy and support for diverse students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Provide assistance in the university’s overall plan to recruit and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and administrators that is representative of the community and world in which we live.
- Champion internal and external research, collaborations, partnerships, workshops and seminars with community organizations and businesses.
- Develop goals and objectives that are consistent with the university’s overall strategic plan for the University of St. Francis to be a change-agent and leader with respect to inclusion-related values.
- Provide access to and information on opportunities that stimulate the growth and success of all students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
Programs and Activities
- Ally Training and Resources for DREAMer Students
- Anti-Racism Trainings and Workshops
- Diversity and Inclusion Series
- Graduate School Seminar and Workshops
- Multicultural Speaker Series
- Multicultural Student Graduation Reception
- University Success Scholars Program
Meet the Staff
The Office of Institutional Diversity is responsible for fostering an environment where a variety of cultural systems are acknowledged, respected and valued. Anyone who feels they have been subjected to discrimination or who have observed incidences of discrimination may seek assistance from the Office of Institutional Diversity.