The Saints Ambassador Corps began in 1989 when an Admissions Counselor saw a need for student recruiters. The group had no formal structure, and any student could volunteer to give a campus tour at their leisure. In 1991, the Saints Ambassador Corps became a campus organization in which students could no longer freely join, but had to interview for a limited number of spots.
Since it was founded, the program has developed immensely. The Saints Ambassador Corps has become an elite group on campus and has earned the respect of the university community. Through hard work and dedication, the Saints Ambassadors have been able to serve our prospective students with outstanding customer service and in a warm, friendly demeanor.
- There are 51 total Saints Ambassadors: 9 seniors, 11 juniors, 18 sophomores and 13 freshmen.
- 26 ambassadors commute and 25 live on campus.
- Together, we are pursuing 18 majors and 13 minors.
- We have 14 bilingual ambassadors.
- 16 ambassadors are student athletes.
- We have 18 ambassadors in the Duns Scotus Honors Society.
- During the 2018-2019 academic year, the Saints Ambassadors gave over 200 personal campus tours!