The University of St. Francis encourages the establishment of lifestyle behaviors that promote healthy living patterns. Educational programs and individual counseling and health services are provided in a manner consistent with our Franciscan values of respect, service, integrity and compassion. All services are confidential, and release of confidential information may only be made with the written consent of the client.
Read on for information about Health Records, the Wellness Center, and the Counseling Office.
We make it easy to submit your health records! You can either use the Cam Scanner Application or your own scanner. Here are the steps:
- Take a picture of document(s)and save– please make sure the image is clear.
- Login in your USF Portal and type “Submit Medical Records” in the Search Bar. Browse for “Select Document.”
- Upload your file(s). It must be JPG, PNG, TIFF, or PDF format.
- Call USF Health Records (815) 740-3399 to ensure documents were received.
Student Insurance Waiver Next Deadline: January 18, 2019
How to Obtain Insurance Waiver?
- Login to Portal
- Go to For Students on Left side of Page
- Go to Tuition Bill Account Summary
- Helpful Links
- Student Insurance Waiver
How Often Do I have to Do Waiver?
- The waiver must be completed every spring semester and every fall semester in order to avoid a charge for the school’s insurance on your tuition bill.
- Contact Health Records for additional information.
- Health Records is located in Tower, Second Floor, Room S213
When is the Insurance Waiver Offered?
- Insurance waiver is offered at the beginning of fall and spring semester.
- If students do not have their insurance information during registration and do not want the Student Insurance they need to complete the waiver process prior to the deadline.
- If a student is working on acquiring private insurance he/she needs to provide USF Health Records proof of pre-coverage from the insurance company so it can be submitted to USF Insurance for approval (prior to the deadline).
- The approval period needs to be done prior to deadline. If proof of insurance cannot be produced by the deadline then the student must elect Student Insurance.[/mks_toggle]
Please allow two business days for a copy of your health records. In compliance with privacy regulations, health records can only be given to students. Contact Health Records within the Wellness Center for additional information at 815-740-3399
The Wellness Center
Tower Hall, Room S213 | 815-740-3999
If you are experiencing an emergency, call 911 or go to your nearest hospital. For other medical needs or health circumstances, you are invited to visit the Wellness Center, where a registered nurse provides basic medical services for students and makes referrals to in-house nurse practitioners or other health care providers when necessary.
Wellness Center is open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Walk-ins welcome, scheduled appointments are preferred.
|Campus Nurse (R.N.)||Nurse Practitioners|
|Monday-Thursday||Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday|
|8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (last appointment 3:30 p.m.)||10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (by appointment only)|
Wellness Center Fees
A consultation with a USF R.N. is free of charge to administrators, faculty, staff and students. All registered students are charged $50 per semester for unlimited consultations with USF Nurse Practitioners. When emergency care or hospitalization is required, arrangements will be made to transfer the client to a local hospital at the client’s expense.
What to do in the event of an illness or injury?
University of St. Francis Health Insurance
All traditional, undergraduate students and international students are automatically enrolled for USF health insurance every year. Students can view/print detailed policy information and an insurance card from the website myusfinsurance.com. While graduate students are not automatically enrolled, they are able to purchase student insurance upon request. Insurance brochures are available at the Wellness Center located on the second floor of Tower Hall, Room S213.
International students DO NOT have the option of waving this insurance, but traditional undergraduate students DO. If you are a traditional undergraduate and do not require USF insurance, you may waive it by completing an online insurance waiver form. This process must be completed every year to avoid school insurance charges. Reminders will be sent to USF student emails prior to the deadline. Note: there is no hard copy of this form.
For additional information or for assistance contact USF Health Records at 815-740-3399, or visit the office on the second floor of Tower Hall, Room S213.
Motherhouse, Room 310 | 815-740-3713
If you are experiencing an emergency, call 911 or go to your nearest hospital. The Will County Crisis Line is also available 24/7, 365 days-a-year at 815-744-5280. For other counseling needs, USF students are invited to contact the Counseling Center.
College students, in particular, are experiencing major changes in their lives. USF’s counselors are available to groups and individuals to help with issues including anxiety, depression, relationship problems, stress management, eating disorders and more. Services to help students deal with alcohol and drug-related problems are also available. As with any health need, it is best to seek these services early. Please review USF’s Student Optional Disclosure of Private Mental Health Information.
The Counseling Office is open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Evening appointments are available upon request, and a counselor is also available for consultation in the event of immediate need after-hours. The department will refer individuals to providers outside the university if a specialist is needed.
Counseling Fees: Fees for services are not charged to registered students. When emergency care or hospitalization is required, arrangements will be made to transfer the client to a local hospital at the client’s expense. Alumni may also participate in counseling sessions for $45 per visit.