Joliet, Ill. – The University of St. Francis (USF) is offering a new, free Pre-College Program in July to high school students that not only helps students prepare for college, but that can also result in a scholarship to USF worth up to $4,000.
The USF Pre-College Program is an engaging, four-session summer experience that prepares high school students with the foundation for college success. The program, administered virtually, will assist students in getting a head start with the college application process and overcoming difficulties while applying to college. Upon program completion, students will be awarded a scholarship of up to $4,000 towards their USF education.
Scheduled program sessions, which take place from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., include:
- “Finding the Right Fit” – Saturday, July 10;
- “More than Luck—Application Process, Letters of Recommendation and Imposter Syndrome” – Saturday, July 17;
- “Creating Your Path and Choosing Your Major” – Saturday, July 24 and;
- “Creating Your Environment and Funding Your Future” – Saturday, July 31.
In order to be eligible for the program, the student must plan to graduate from high school and enter college in 2022 or 2023, and have an established MyUSF account after applying. The application deadline is July 7, and applications must be completed only by the prospective student (parents/guardians, agents, counselors, etc. may not complete applications on behalf of a student).
Registration for the program requires the following two-step process:
- Apply to USF by visiting stfrancis.edu/apply and complete the online application. Students will need to provide transcripts from 9th grade to spring 2021 at the time of application.
- Enroll in the Pre-College Program by accepting admission into the program at the bottom of the invitation. Once students respond “yes” to the invitation, a follow-up email with next steps will be sent to them.
For more information or assistance with registering, please send an email to email@example.com or call 800-735-7500.
The University of St. Francis, in Joliet, Ill., serves close to 4,000 students nationwide and offers undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and certificate programs in the arts and sciences, business, education, nursing and social work. There are over 52,000 USF alumni across the globe. For information, call 800-735-7500 or visit stfrancis.edu.
University of St. Francis: Bigger thinking. Brighter purpose.
# # #