The University of St. Francis is approved by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) to offer a Post-MSW Professional Educators License (PEL), which is a School of Social Work Endorsement through the MSW’s School Social Work Program. Candidates must hold a Master of Social Work degree from the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited program.
The program is designed for a 1-year concentration with a requirement of an internship in a traditional, public school setting. The program prepares students to practice school social work in the state of Illinois only.
Starting enrollment for Fall 2023-2024
- Open application September 1
- Close application December 31
- Internship search take place January/February
- Internship starts August
- Internships may not be available for applications received after December 31.
Admission criteria and paperwork:
- Official transcript from CSWE accredited MSW program
- 2 letters of recommendation
- GPA of at least 3.00/4.00 scale or better
- Personal Statement
Althia Gayle, Ed.D, LCSW (she/her)
Assistant Professor of Social Work
School Social Work Program Coordinator