As a practicing educator, how can I earn another grade level or content area endorsement to meet my career goals?
The College of Education at the University of St. Francis offers individuals who hold a current Illinois Professional Educator License the opportunity to obtain a subsequent endorsement as a non-degree seeking student. A minimum of nine (9) semester hours must be completed at USF, which may include field experience.
The following subsequent endorsements are currently available via focused program:
- Elementary Education Endorsement (1-6)*
- Middle Grades Endorsement (5-8)*
- Principal Endorsement
- Reading Specialist Endorsement
- Secondary Education Endorsement (9-12)*
- Special Education Endorsement (PreK-Age 21)
- Superintendent Endorsement
- Teacher Leader Endorsement
- Visual Arts (K-12)*
*Due to the volume of requests and time required to complete the review process, evaluation worksheets are required to begin the credential review process with the university’s licensure officer for some endorsements.
The evaluation worksheets are not intended as a substitute for information provided on ISBE’s website, but rather to assist with the organization of requirements.