The University of St. Francis Graduate Professional Certificate Programs
- $399 credit hour
- Up-to-date, professionally focused
- Online, convenient, supported learning
Graduate certificates are designed to enhance your current credentials. They can also be applied toward a graduate degree at a later date.
Cyber Security Certificate
Data breaches, malware infections, and software vulnerabilities are an ongoing part of today’s technology world. It is vital to the function of every online commercial, governmental, and social activity to understand how these attacks take place. With the USF Cyber Security Graduate Professional Certificate, you will learn the systems, contexts, mentality, and techniques of hackers that implement these types of attacks.
Designed for IT staff, business managers, and others with some background in information technology, but without the skills needed for today’s environment, the coursework in this program will provide the necessary skills and knowledge necessary information system security.
The University of St. Francis’ online Graduate Professional Certificate in Cyber Security will provide you with the advanced analytical security skills you need to succeed in challenging risk management and security positions.
As a private, nonprofit university, USF is designed to help you succeed. The benefits of earning your graduate certificate at USF include:
- Affordability. The certificate has one of the most affordable tuition rates in the Midwest.
- Expert instruction. Learn from instructors with relevant, real-world experience
- Convenience. Online classes are open 24 hours a day, designed to be convenient for you
An undergraduate degree in computer science, computer technology, or related field; a degree in criminal justice, business, management, accounting, the sciences or mathematics.
- One semester of Java Programming Experience
- One semester of Statistics, Discrete or Finite Math, or higher math.
Applicants who do not meet all entrance requirements may take the prerequisites at USF.
Start with our free application online, provide an official transcript of your bachelor’s degree, and then register for courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
Cyber Security Certificate (12 semester hours)
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
COMP 520 Security and Information Systems 3
COMP 550 Network Security and Encryption 3
COMP 575 Computer Forensics 3
COMP 580 Ethical Hacking and Vulnerability Analysis 3