The Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) Post-Master’s certificate program prepares nurses who already hold a master’s degree in nursing to provide effective care for patients with complex psychiatric and physical health needs.
The post-master’s certificate graduate of USF’s Leach College of Nursing is an advanced nurse who functions in a leadership role in the profession and in health care delivery. The graduate incorporates education and research into a practice that is reflective of the dynamic needs of a diverse population.
PMH NP Certificate Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, the graduate will have the competencies to:
- Synthesize theoretical concepts from nursing and related disciplines as a basis for advanced nursing roles
- Implement an advanced nursing role in the healthcare delivery system
- Exemplify leadership roles within the healthcare system to promote patient centered care
- Utilize scientific inquiry to validate and refine nursing knowledge
- Demonstrate evidence-based practice in advanced roles
- Provide care for diverse patients, families, and communities in a culturally competent manner
- Engage in interdisciplinary relationships in practice settings