Joliet, Ill. – The University of St. Francis (USF) is hosting an American Red Cross blood drive on Friday, February 4, from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Assembly Hall Gym at USF’s St. Clare Campus, which is located at 1550 Plainfield Road in Joliet. For an appointment, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org. You can save up to 15 minutes when you donate blood by using RapidPass. Visit redcrossblood.org/RapidPass for more information. If you are an eligible type O, B – or A – donor, consider making a Power Red donation. Red blood cells are the most commonly transfused blood component. All guests will be required to present either proof of COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test (dated within one week of their visit to campus) in an effort to provide a safe event atmosphere. Donors can also anticipate the following precautions when arriving to the donation site:
- Providing hand sanitizer for use before entering the drives, as well as throughout the donation process;
- Following social distancing guidelines between donors including entry, donation and refreshment areas;
- Ensuring face masks or coverings are worn by both staff and donors (masks will be provided for all donors who do not bring their own face coverings);
- Routinely disinfecting surfaces, equipment and donor touched areas;
- Wearing gloves, and changing gloves often, and;
- Using sterile collection sets and antiseptic scrub for every donation.