Flexible online MSN degree options
Whether you are an RN, hold a BSN, or are coming to USF with a bachelor’s degree in a related field we have options for you.
At $775 a credit hour we are one of the more affordable options for earning your MSN in any of our professional role concentrations:
– Family Nurse Practitioner (47 to 56 cr hrs)
– Nursing Administrator (36 to 42 cr hrs)
– Nursing Educator (40 to 49 cr hrs)
– Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (47 to 56 cr hrs)
As a working nursing professional with multiple commitments you need program flexibility and USF offers online courses with built-in learning support.
(Click the program name for a detailed curriculum guide)
- Family Nurse Practitioner: The Family Nurse Practitioner track of study is offered completely online.
- Nursing Administration: The MSN in Administration prepares R.N.s to ethically manage nursing personnel and services in hospitals and other health care delivery agencies. Your coursework prepares you for evidence-based practice in advanced roles such as health care administration, resource and financial management, health care law, personnel management, and managed care operations.
- Nursing Education: The Nursing Education track of study is offered completely online for instruction tailored for each individuals needs.
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner: Nurses working as a PMHNP assess, diagnose, and treat patients with mental health needs. Many PMHNPs provide psychosocial assessments, plan therapy, and prescribe medications for patients who have mental health disorders or substance abuse problems.
- R.N.-B.S.-MSN: An MSN for R.N.s with a non-nursing baccalaureate degree. Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Administrator and Nursing Educator
Who are USF MSNs?
As a master’s graduate of the Leach College of Nursing you can take on the role of an advanced nurse who functions in a family nurse practitioner, psychiatric mental health nurse, nurse educator, or nurse administrator role. The MSN is a valuable, respected degree. Advanced practice nurses are often called on to assume leadership roles in the profession and in health care delivery.
As a graduate you will incorporate your education and research into a practice that is reflective of the dynamic needs of a diverse population. Through the advanced role you will be instrumental in ensuring health promotion, health maintenance, and health restoration in your community of practice. Through scientific inquiry and collaborative relationships the advanced practice nurse continually augments and refines the science of nursing.eMaster of Science in Nursing M
The Leach College of Nursing MSN program was developed to provide an educational program that will prepare the graduate nurse to:
- Incorporate concepts of advanced nursing roles into healthcare practices
- Demonstrate competence in advanced nursing roles within a variety of settings and with diverse populations
- Demonstrate leadership and management strategies in advanced nursing roles
- Analyze and synthesize individual and societal issues that influence health care
- Contribute to the development and refinement of nursing science
- Engage in collaborative relationships with members of interdisciplinary teams
- Engage in post-graduate academic and professional development activities
- Communicate effectively, conveying information correctly and accurately
Graduate Certificate Options
Please Note: Due to State Boards of Nursing requirements, students who wish to enroll in the MSN programs should verify if we are offering the program in their state. To find out if this program is available in your area, click here to access the Program Licensure and State Authorizations for Off Campus Programs (PDF).
Applications for admission are accepted directly on the USF website: stfrancis.edu/apply.
If you have questions or need further clarification, please contact the Graduate Admissions office at 800-735-7500.