Joliet, Ill. – High School students considering a career in education and who are interested in a unique, on-campus leadership experience are encouraged to participate in the University of St. Francis (USF) College of Education’s (COE) Future Educator Summer Academy 2023 in June.
The USF COE Future Educator Summer Academy 2023 will take place on June 13-14, 2023, on the university’s main campus in Joliet. The experience will provide opportunities for participants to:
- explore careers in education and learn what it takes to be a GREAT teacher;
- network with educators and other high school students interested in teaching;
- enjoy USF’s challenge course and discover team building as a tool for learning;
- spend two days and one night in a USF dorm, supervised by adult program facilitators;
- leave inspired and focused on a plan to become a successful educator, and;
- earn college credit for participating in this learning experience (credit is optional, parent/guardian approval required).
The program is open to high school students who have completed at least their sophomore year of high school. The cost per participant for the program is $80 and includes accommodations, meals, and a t-shirt. A limited number of scholarships are available to qualifying students. To register, visit stfrancis.edu/real. Space for this program is limited. Contact program coordinator Amy Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The University of St. Francis, in Joliet, Ill., serves close to 4,000 students nationwide and offers undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and certificate programs in the arts and sciences, business, education, nursing and social work. There are over 52,000 USF alumni across the globe. For information, call 800-735-7500 or visit stfrancis.edu.
University of St. Francis: Bigger thinking. Brighter purpose.
# # #