Joliet, Ill. – The University of St. Francis (USF) is hosting an American Red Cross blood drive on Friday, April 8, from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Assembly Hall Gym at USF’s St. Clare Campus, which is located at 1550 Plainfield Road in Joliet.
For an appointment, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org (search zip code 60435). You can save up to 15 minutes when you donate blood by using RapidPass. Visit redcrossblood.org/RapidPass for more information.
If you are an eligible type O, B – or A – donor, consider making a Power Red donation. Red blood cells are the most commonly transfused blood component.
All guests will be required to present either proof of COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test (dated within one week of their visit to campus) in an effort to provide a safe event atmosphere. Donors can also anticipate the following precautions when arriving to the donation site:
- Providing hand sanitizer for use before entering the drives, as well as throughout the donation process;
- Following social distancing guidelines between donors including entry, donation and refreshment areas;
- Ensuring face masks or coverings are worn by both staff and donors (masks will be provided for all donors who do not bring their own face coverings);
- Routinely disinfecting surfaces, equipment and donor touched areas;
- Wearing gloves, and changing gloves often, and;
- Using sterile collection sets and antiseptic scrub for every donation.
For more information, please visit redcrossblood.org.
The University of St. Francis, in Joliet, Ill., serves close to 4,000 students nationwide and offers undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and certificate programs in the arts and sciences, business, education, nursing and social work. There are over 52,000 USF alumni across the globe. For information, call 800-735-7500 or visit stfrancis.edu.
University of St. Francis: Bigger thinking. Brighter purpose.
# # #