The residential living options at the University of St. Francis are varied and unique. There are three residence living areas with several different types of rooms. The residential experience is something students from Joliet, across the United States and across the globe are thrilled to be a part of.
Current resident Hannah McLaughlin shared, “Living on campus is great because being really close to everything you don’t have to worry about driving to practice or classes, you can wake up and be right at school. I have made some of my best friends living here.”
Mollie Rockafellow, director of Residence Education, extends a personal welcome. “We are so happy to have you looking into living on campus. As a department we are committed to providing a safe and education living environment. One of the things we pride ourselves on is the community students feel while living on campus. As you make your decision about living on campus please let us know if you have any questions that we can answer!”
Benefits of Living on Campus
In our three residential living options there are full-time professional staff members on call to offer support when students need it. Every student also has a specific resident assistant and peer minister who lives near them to be a friend and role model.
USF residence life options have consistently been rated much higher than most on-campus options at universities across the country. Our past and present students tell us:
- It’s convenient– you’ll be close to friends, classes, practice, clubs and more.
- It’s easy to get involved and meet people. (Check out upcoming SAB events.)
- You’ll learn valuable lessons.
- You’ll feel safe. (Learn more about campus security.)
- It’s easy to get food whenever you want it. (Check out our dining services.)
- There’s tutoring in the halls (ARC)
- You get to be responsible for yourself.