FAQs – REAL at University of St. Francis

Q: What is the tuition rate for courses offered through REAL?
Current tuition information for courses with the prefix EEND, REAL, RECT, and REND can be found on our Getting Started page.

Q: Are courses offered through REAL eligible for financial aid?
Courses with the prefix EEND, REAL, RECT, and REND are not eligible for federal financial assistance.

Q: What is the format for online courses?
Online courses are structured to include discussions and assignments requiring active participation. Online courses are not self-paced. Candidates are expected to actively participate for the duration of the course. Candidates who are not able to commit to the full range of course dates should consider enrolling in an alternate semester.

Q: How do I register for a course?
REAL offers flexible and accessible programming with a registration process that can be completed in under 60 seconds. Educators registering for courses with the prefix EEND, REAL, RECT, and REND simply locate a course title and select the blue date links for the corresponding registration application. A brief form will open for the course and then just complete and submit. No application, transcripts, or test scores are required for courses taken as a special (non-degree seeking) graduate student.

**Degree-seeking candidates should register online through their MyUSF Student Account.**

Q: My district/school requires pre-approval, where can I find the syllabus for my course?
Sample syllabi for most courses can be found online: Syllabi – Overview by Course. Actual course syllabi with detailed assignments are made available on the first day of the course.

Q: How do I change or drop a course in which I am currently enrolled?
The drop process for courses in which you are currently enrolled must be completed within the drop window using our online self-service option – drop requests via phone or email are not accepted. Candidates may request to drop courses with the prefix EEND, REAL, RECT, and REND by visiting stfrancis.edu/real/drop

Q: How do I request to have an endorsement added to my Illinois Professional Educator License?
Please visit stfrancis.edu/real/endorsement-pel for the most current information regarding this process.

Q: Where do I send my tracking log and administrative verification letter for the 100 hours required for ESL and Bilingual Education endorsements?
Completed 100 hour log and administrative verification letter documents may be scanned and submitted to ISBE at licensure@isbe.net using the subject line: IEIN # ESL Log and Letter (ex. 1234567 ESL Log and Letter)

Q: Is USF regionally or nationally accredited?
The University of St. Francis is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and the College of Education is nationally accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).

The following FAQs are addressed in detail on our Getting Started page.

Q: How do I access my student account?
Q: Where can I find information on textbooks or materials required for a course?